Monday, October 12, 2009

The Test

I think pretty much everyone has had test anxiety at one time or another. You walk into class and that cold, clammy dread slips over you. Your stomach churns and your hands shake. The test is placed before you and everything at first looks like it's written in some ancient unspoken language, then with a sigh you dive in...

Well that's how I felt before grading this first test.

I was probably more nervous about grading than they were taking it because I knew this would be the REAL test of what they knew. All of the assignments they had up until this point were a piece of cake. Not too complicated and they had plenty of time, but this was different.

The first section was what I thought to be a fairly simple fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice, two page test. The timed test was next and I gave them what I felt was much more than an adequate amount of time. It was simple in it's construction, but maybe deceptively simple.

What were the results? Well, not to be intentionally anticlimactic, but I don't want to voice them here, just in case any of them stumble upon my tiny blog. I will say that the test is much more telling than all their previous assignments.

Well, it's back to the drawing board, or Illustrator window, as the case may be. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment