Friday, October 30, 2009

Photoshop project #1

Seems like everyday my kids turn in an assignment I find some little surprise that just thrills me.  I know I'm bragging but I can't help it, I'm really proud of them.

Ok, so they started Photoshop on Monday.  I covered the selection tools, the transform tools and couple others.  I wasn't expecting much from them for this one, just some cleanly cut pieces of the files I gave them to work with.

I told them to clip pieces from this file:





And stick them on this background:


Pretty much anyone with much experience would see this as a fairly routine project and it is geared towards those that haven't worked with Photoshop before.  I wasn't expecting much.

But looking through the students files, one jumped straight off the screen at me.  You can tell he's one of the ones that already knows more about Photoshop than I'm going to be able to teach him in class, but it's still a delight to come across something like this when you're expecting so much less:


My hat is off to his creativity.  It's always so cool to find them doing this sort of work.

Think he might be a bit of a Bioshock fan?


No comments:

Post a Comment